Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Fire Drill Social Story

From The Autism Helper:

"This is a visual social story about appropriate behavior during a fire drill. Fire drills can be extremely challenging for my class; the loud noise, the sudden transition, the crowded hallways. There is nothing worse than behavior problems during a fire drill. I keep this story laminated and attached by velcro in my doorway. I can easily grab it on the way during a fire drill and it has been very successful helping calm down some of my students. Many of my students struggle with expressive and receptive language so having access to pictures during a fire drill can be very helpful!"

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Fire-Drill-Social-Story

1 comment:

  1. Do you have any suggestions on how we can deal with fire drills at a diagnostic centre? We don't know the children and we rely on the fact that children are always with an adult - who will leave the building on hearing the fire alarm. Is this enough?

    ReplyDelete